Tuesday, January 29, 2008

KTXL Sacramento Stormin' Norman weather update July 1985

Duration: 01:20 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-11-01 05:09:13
User: eyeh8cbs
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Tags:

KTXL  Sacramento  Stockton  UHF  1980s  StorminNorman  NewsPlus  

Description:

Yet another weather update with Sacramento's favorite disgraced TV weatherman, Stormin' Norman Jacobs. He was busted in 1987 for 'lewd conduct' in a public restroom and hasn't been heard from since. I feel it's my duty to post any material from his broadcasting career that I come across. This includes a commercial for Snapper lawnmowers, which looks like it was a couple years old when this was taped in 1985. It's from 16mm as you can tell from the picture and sound quality; I thought that most stations quit running commercials off 16mm by 1982-83, don't know if this was at least transferred to tape beforehand or not.

Comments

sygo7g ::: Favorites  2007-11-03 13:10:44

I know what you mean. Still felt like some of that film chain telecine-ness was still lingering on by then, if not in smaller portions! I do remember when things started to take on that cleaner, uniform look I didn't see prior to that point in time.
__________________________________________________
eyeh8cbs ::: Favorites  2007-11-03 03:15:23

This stuff is actually a little too recent for my taste, but figure I should still preserve it. By this time TV had a much 'cleaner' look and sound to it (again mostly due to no more 16mm film) and I swear there are some colors that simply didn't even exist in the 70s!
__________________________________________________
sygo7g ::: Favorites  2007-11-03 00:41:50

I miss the days when stuff just looked like this (too bad I didn't have a station like KTXL in mhy town that had a 10 'o Clock news program in '85)!
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

Sweet Child O Mine drum cover
Prince Show with Steve Martin
Reflex Maze
Naruto Shippuden Episodes 36/37 (2/5
Mis mejores amigos pokemon


 

No comments: